WASSA is active in the process of maintaining and encouraging networking relationship with the following national and international organizations.
The Network will act with integrity to…
• Maintain an open and supportive environment in which all members are encouraged to exchange ideas and best practices, and to develop strategies to address shared issues;
• Strengthen members’ own understanding of issues confronting women through continued communication and education, thus enabling us to perform our roles more effectively;
• Bring visibility to issues of importance to women across the group
• Encourage groups to address women concerns, recognize women leadership, and create meaningful and significant opportunities for women to contribute their knowledge and skills;
• Collaborate to create and promote activities that visibly support and celebrate women efforts, ideas, innovative solutions, and accomplishments
• Collect and monitor data that indicate where progress in achieving gender equity has been made and where further efforts are needed.
Network supports members in furthering their institution’s efforts to…
• Promote equitable access to educational programs, positions, and resources, thus enabling women to advance their education, careers, and the missions of their institutions;
• Share information and increase others’ knowledge and understanding of issues of importance to women, to empower women and develop relationships with potential allies;
• Advocate for institutional change to achieve equity;
• Assist and empower individuals by providing information and resources for addressing concerns;
• Alert the university community to trends, issues, problems, and potential consequences;
• Participate actively in the development of policies and practices that will eliminate gender inequity;
• Ensure that accountability for gender equity is integral to the structure of each institution; and evaluate and monitor the status of women faculty, staff, and students.